• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Pandoras

New posts
I avoided eating at Pandora's after hearing of the green tinged prime rib.
This makes me so happy that I am a vegetarian!! Although it really :bang: ticks me off when I go into LOCAL restaurants and they offer NOTHING vegetarian on the menu and the server just looks at me like I am stupid when I can't order anything off the menu...Like I can pull a veggie plate outta my butt. (This actually happened to me last week at a VERY LOCAL restaurant...my last visit there was my last visit there;-))
 
I'll much rather eat rare steaks than butter and bread which was recycled coming back from customers who had eaten. Talk about the potential to spread germs.

You must be kidding. Surely they didn't do that. If they did, the owner/operater should be arrested. I have always disliked the place not beacuse of the quality of food, but because of the quality of employee. Rudest, most uncaring people I've ever run across in the restaurant industry.

If some of the things in this thread are true, the should just bulldoze the place and put up a freaking TGI Fridays.
 
Chiming in kinda late on this thread...

I bet I've gone to Pandora's a half dozen times on a winter weeknight, only to be told there's a 30-45 minute wait for a table in a nearly empty restaurant, because they didn't have enough wait staff on hand. The first time, it sounds like a fair and legitimate situation, but after several repeats, I quit trying.
 
JB, I am only reporting what I saw in the report. You can see it yourself right here.
"Each inspection report is a "snapshot" of conditions present at the time of the inspection."

a few from the report:

04-01-1 Critical. Cold holding equipment incapable of maintaining potentially hazardous food at proper temperatures. Observed reach in coolers behind cook line at 58 and 60 degrees farienheit. Small bag of crawfish thrown away. Approximately 1/2 lb.

05-09-1 Critical. No conspicuously located thermometer in holding unit, reach in two door cooler.

07-03-1 Critical. Observed bread reused for making breadcrumbs/croutons in walk in cooler.

07-05-1 Critical. Observed garlic butter in reach in cooler being re-used.

08A-28-1 Critical. Observed food stored on floor in walk in cooler.

The 60F degree refrigerator scares the heck out of me.

You mention TGI Fridays, of which I am not a fan, but I bet you a TGI Fridays at that location would be the busiest restaurant on 30A.
 
Last edited:
Sorry, but if Pandora's closes for good- the land reverts back to residential property.
 
Not exactly. If Pandora's has a variance of residential zoning for commercial use (I have not looked at the zoning), only if the commercial use of the property ceases for six consecutive months, it reverts back to residential. The property could sell, or be leased to another commercial tenant, and they could continue under the variance. At least that is the way I understand zoning rules according to the Comp Plan of Walton County.
 
This makes me so happy that I am a vegetarian!! Although it really :bang: ticks me off when I go into LOCAL restaurants and they offer NOTHING vegetarian on the menu and the server just looks at me like I am stupid when I can't order anything off the menu...Like I can pull a veggie plate outta my butt. (This actually happened to me last week at a VERY LOCAL restaurant...my last visit there was my last visit there;-))

You pulled a veggie plate out of your butt or the waiter looked at you like you were crazy for asking for veggie dishes? :funn:
 
Okay, help me with history, the first grantee of a zoning change...I recently tossed my t-shirt from the original mexican restaurant in the current Pandora's location. Anyone remember the name of that restaurant? I only remember the creosote pole dances by a Grayton Beach legend.....
 
JB, I am only reporting what I saw in the report. You can see it yourself right here.
"Each inspection report is a "snapshot" of conditions present at the time of the inspection."

a few from the report:

04-01-1 Critical. Cold holding equipment incapable of maintaining potentially hazardous food at proper temperatures. Observed reach in coolers behind cook line at 58 and 60 degrees farienheit. Small bag of crawfish thrown away. Approximately 1/2 lb.

05-09-1 Critical. No conspicuously located thermometer in holding unit, reach in two door cooler.

07-03-1 Critical. Observed bread reused for making breadcrumbs/croutons in walk in cooler.

07-05-1 Critical. Observed garlic butter in reach in cooler being re-used.

08A-28-1 Critical. Observed food stored on floor in walk in cooler.

The 60F degree refrigerator scares the heck out of me.

You mention TGI Fridays, of which I am not a fan, but I bet you a TGI Fridays at that location would be the busiest restaurant on 30A.

The TGI Friday's comment was completely tongue-in-cheek. I loathe chains more than anyone here.

But a Harbor Docks - east would be nice:D
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top