• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Talk Derby to me

New posts
Break out your white bucks, baby.

See these are all the things I need to learn. All I know is mint juleps and big hats. So help a man out and give me some insight on what I need to know so that I will be able to do it right.
 
See these are all the things I need to learn. All I know is mint juleps and big hats. So help a man out and give me some insight on what I need to know so that I will be able to do it right.

Wear comfortable shoes. Stay out of the infield.
 
Red Bar is having a Derby Party

Red Bar is having a Derby Party....Gloves optional, Hats a MUST! Mint:clap: Juleps to be served as well as the singing of My Old Kentucky Home....think the time is 4:30 until....Race will be around 5:00 pm...
 
Red Bar is having a Derby Party....Gloves optional, Hats a MUST! Mint:clap: Juleps to be served as well as the singing of My Old Kentucky Home....think the time is 4:30 until....Race will be around 5:00 pm...

Woo hoo!!!! I always cry when "My Old Kentucky Home" is played...no laughing at me please!:lol:
 
I like Big Brown but it's because he's local and actually named for a UPS connection. I believe he's the current favorite but that might be more a sentimental favorite than true talent. I tend to bet that way so I understand.

Colonel John, Pyro and Denis of Cork are still on news for the dawn workouts this morning. I catch the early morning radio know-it-alls so we'll see how much they know.

They had a piece on CNBC about Big Brown this morning...apparently the owners are putting together a $100M Horse Hedge Fund. Looking for 100 people to toss in $1M each--high risk, high reward. "Now's a great time to buy a horse!"

.
 
I wanna go. I've got the hat!!! Our annual fund raiser for the parks in Pittsburgh is a Hat Luncheon which will be Saturday. I now have a collection of hats, soooo someday before I die I am going to make it to the Derby!!! OL, thanks for the hat tips. Now, I will actually know how to wear my hat!!! You saved me!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top