• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Time for some to drop out...

New posts
It seems the only people continuing this drumbeat for everyone else to get out are supporters of Mr. Adkinson. Why? could it be that you are unsure of whether you can win a fair election? I am getting real tired of hearing this stuff. If Mr. Adkinson is so convinced that someone should pull out to keep RJ from getting reelected, THEN PULL OUT HIMSELF! I am tired of hearing it, I encourage all the candidates to tell me why you are the best man for the job and shut up about everybody elses campaign. Further, is is illegal to promise someone a job for political gain. Also, if you think Walton County is unique, Wahington county has 6-7 candidates for sheriff, Holmes County has 5, Jacskon county has 7-8. and historically our own district 5 commission seat attracts 4-5 candidates per election.

idlewind,

I'm amazed at your bringing out about the other counties having crowded primaries like the Walton sheriff's race. I guess The Watcher would call those folks' "foolish" too uh? A fair race is a fair race.
 
Tom Cooper is getting stronger all over the county. People like his ideas and positive campaign and are turned off by Adkinson's mudslinging and Johnson's constant fighting. Cornman is a good christian man but not living in the county hurts him. The rest don't even count.

"mudslinging?" ??
 
I continue to hear negatives about Mr. Adkinson that concern me including a little smoke I read this morning that concerns how ole RJ found out about the Hatch Act. Those types of things smack of good ole boy politics and I have no use for them. :angry:

I too keep hearing some of these negatives. I am assuming you are specifically referring to the idea some of put forth that a certain lawyer related to Mr. Adkinson tipped off Johnson. Or is it something even better?

Not a fan of good ole boy politics myself, so I understand the concern. While I personally don't give much credence to the rumor I mentioned, I agree it raises some questions.

Personally, I have only briefly spoken to Mr. Adkinson, but those friends of mine who have gotten to know him somewhat feel he is his own person. A man can't help who is family is, but he certainly has control over himself.
 
SmilingJoe,

Is Mark Davis a Republican?
I don't know and am not concerned. He is running in a non-partisan race, and that seat doesn't determine whether or not a kid can say a prayer in school. As I mentioned in another thread, kids pray in school all the time.
 
the good old days

The campaigning isnt over. There are still rallies to be held and candidates to be heard.
Oh heck. Scratch that. I'm as nostalgic as can be. Lets bring back the good old days and believe what a candidate says and not verify a darn thing. Why would they lie anyway?
 
I can't think of a time in recorded history when there hasn't been political spin and manipulation. You just better be prepared to read through it.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top