• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Water Parks

New posts
beachlvr said:
We're visiting Sowal in three weeks (and we can't wait). Our young sons love to visit Shipwreck Island Water Park in PCB. I'm just wondering . . . how does Shipwreck Island compare to the water park in Destin? Trying to decide if we should try the Destin park this year instead. Thanks!

Having been to both, I prefer Destin. Life Guards are much more serious. My sons (now 8 and 10) could ride lots more stuff at Destin. Heights requirements at PCB only allowed them to ride a few things. Go on a Monday and go real early.
 
Bchlvr and Shallows Nole, I put a new thread on the sowal lounge showing the new aquatic center at Frank Brown Park in PC Beach on Back Beach Rd.! Have included the link. Has a big circular pool more for kids with a slide and a olympic size pool. Really looks like a nice place. Price for kids is $6.00 for the entire day.
 
I had the pleasure of going to one last week. It was as clean as it could be considering thousands of bodies were in the water. If you have kids, it is your penance to occasionally have to go to one. They did use TONS of chlorine, as evidenced by Kate's lime green hair that night. I just tried not to look around too much, wore sandals when I wasn't in the water, and kept Kate duct taped to my leg so the gigantic people wouldn't slip and fall on her- certain death.

Things you will find at the water parks- Water. Kids. Lots of kids in ill-fitting swim diapers. Crowds. People greasing each other up with sunscreen, like rubbing oil on elephants. Lots of crack. More tattoos. Many piercings in bad places. Mullets. Screaming and yelling. Fried food.

Things you WON'T find- Manners. Full sets of teeth/kids in braces. Supermodels. Sushi. Wine. Dry anything- everything is in some stage of damp. Shade. Quiet. Correct word pronunciation.
I'm just joshing here- no offense meant- I do love fried food.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top