• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

What to do at the beach

New posts
Sueshore said:
Oh YES!!! I remember seeing people do this and when I showed my kiddos how to do it....it was like magic!!! We made many beautiful castles over the years with huge forests!!!

We love to do this too and bury the kids in the sand. One year we buried Samantha up to her waist and sculpted a beautiful mermaid tail out of sand and added seashells to decorate it.
 
This is very simple, I live 13 hours away from Sowal.....

Look at the gulf......smell the gulf breeze.........feel the soft sand......

nothing else matters, not the shopping, not the restaurants, not all the activities there is to do.......................


Just to be on the beach........thats what does it for me :wub:
 
Sueshore said:
Oh YES!!! I remember seeing people do this and when I showed my kiddos how to do it....it was like magic!!! We made many beautiful castles over the years with huge forests!!!
Have you ever seen Gaudi's Sagrada Familia in Barcelona? It reminds me of those sand-drip castles. I just adore Gaudi's architecture (and Barcelona, for that matter)!
 
BR

Good point - I love Barcelona and really enjoyed that architecture - it is so impressive and detailed in person. Wish I could go back - another place to visit again.
 
we like to just sit and veg under the umbrella, listen to music and catch up on all our reading. we like to eat out at a different place each night. we like to sit out in the moonlight on the balcony. and best of all - no ringing phones !
 
Beach Runner said:
Have you ever seen Gaudi's Sagrada Familia in Barcelona? It reminds me of those sand-drip castles. I just adore Gaudi's architecture (and Barcelona, for that matter)!

:clap_1: ...WOW! That is beautiful. Someday I need to get to Spain. I think that is the only country Mr. K's firm does not have an office!
 
My absolute favorite Grayton day was just before the sun began setting one October weekday. The husband and were walking eastward along the water's edge. Porpoises were jumping out in the dark blue water. Dozens of Monarchs were flying along the water's edge about eye level and the setting sun was shining through their orange wings so that they looked like so many pieces of flying stained glass coming directly at us. Three velvety gray baby sting rays were vacuuming along the very shallow water just where the lacy wash laps the sand. Suddenly, this huge black sting ray (Mama, perhaps?) came rushing up and flew directly out of the water and high into the air. It was like something out of a dream. :wub:

And that's what I like to do at the beach!
 
Donna said:
My absolute favorite Grayton day was just before the sun began setting one October weekday. The husband and were walking eastward along the water's edge. Porpoises were jumping out in the dark blue water. Dozens of Monarchs were flying along the water's edge about eye level and the setting sun was shining through their orange wings so that they looked like so many pieces of flying stained glass coming directly at us. Three velvety gray baby sting rays were vacuuming along the very shallow water just where the lacy wash laps the sand. Suddenly, this huge black sting ray (Mama, perhaps?) came rushing up and flew directly out of the water and high into the air. It was like something out of a dream. :wub:

And that's what I like to do at the beach!

:clap_1: Bravo, Donna!!
 
seagrovelover said:
This is very simple, I live 13 hours away from Sowal.....

Look at the gulf......smell the gulf breeze.........feel the soft sand......

nothing else matters, not the shopping, not the restaurants, not all the activities there is to do.......................


Just to be on the beach........thats what does it for me :wub:

You have just described me, seagrovelover! I go out by 9:00 am and don't come back til dark. Sometimes, I go back after I've made a rather large beverage in a plastic container. ;-)
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top