• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

What to do?

New posts
I thought this thread was about the problem of job loss, specifically your tenants need to find a job, and your dilemma as to whether to evict.:confused:
Have you evicted?

No, the point of this thread is to realize the problem, and to suggest ideas to improve it.
 
This thread is like screaming at a deaf person to not cross the road.

florida girl, one of the things that Obama is doing about this mess is acting instead of just showing graph after graph and example after example of what everyone already knows. Once again you point out the we have a huge national debt and that more spending will add to it. Congratulations you can pass Consumer Economics for High schoolers. Now perhaps you can share with us your amazing idea to correct this without spending?

:popcorn:

I'm gonna get sick on the popcorn since she's not going to respond to the actual question. Maybe another note from her tenant or that we need jobs.
 
No, the point of this thread is to realize the problem, and to suggest ideas to improve it.

This thread is total B.S. I am sorry if I offend anyone, but I just can't comprehend why this discussion has gone on so long.

The job market sucks. If you want to work you have to work your butt off to find it and work really hard for really little.

Meanwhile, as the value of work goes down, strangely the value of that place you rent seems to stay the same.

Again, I apologize for being offensive to anyone. This thread really makes me mad!
 
This thread is total B.S. I am sorry if I offend anyone, but I just can't comprehend why this discussion has gone on so long.

The job market sucks. If you want to work you have to work your butt off to find it and work really hard for really little.

Meanwhile, as the value of work goes down, strangely the value of that place you rent seems to stay the same.

Again, I apologize for being offensive to anyone. This thread really makes me mad!

I've watched rents drop in the past 6 months, drastically in most cases. If your landlord isn't willing to discuss a new rent amount then move. Let them enjoy the financial benefits of an empty home.
 
Lets stay focused here people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have a couple of folks getting ready to be evicted by a landlady who could really use a hug. :(

From what I've read, your tenants sound like intelligent hard working human beings. Maybe the option to barter has been put out there already but here's my version. Use this opportunity to get something out of this souring deal that is useful to you in your day to day life. Just stop and look around, then ask yourself what do I need... a new paint job, that cool little heirloom in their living room giving by Aunt Clementine who's no longer with us, some dietary fiber - I dunno! You obviously have the upper hand here so take advantage of the situation and be a total monger about it. Do that until you just can't stand it anymore then go back to plan "A" and kick them out on the streets to watch them flop around like fish out of water. At least this way you'll have all kinds of cool new stuff and a great story to tell you grandkids!

How?s that for pretty good-bad advice.
 
what to do

I've been reading this post and I just want to say this....One day I was trying to close my shop because I was running late to set up a show. This lady came in and it didn't matter how many TIMES or how many WAYS I told her that I was sorry but I was running late and I had to leave and that she could come back tomorrow, She just didn't get it! Well, this one in the same. Some people just are Bull Headed! or something else!:yikes::bang:
 
Forgive me but here goes

The tenants and their personal issues are no one’s business but theirs. The letter I am sure was written under distress and was a cry for time and money. Now posting it on this forum for whatever reason was wrong and did not and will not resolve the problem, plan and simple as that.

The lady who wrote the letter needs help and a job, from someone who knows how to survive in this economy. The person receiving the letter is and will never be a person to get advice from or to share your personal business with. That is quite clear.

The letter was not written to her to get advice it was written as a cry for help. The lady that wrote the letter needs to stop everything she is doing and go and get a job. There are jobs out here and many companies in this area are hiring. The problem is people cannot step down and take the job you get and allow it to hold you over.

Taking classes online is great but if the lady doesn't have a home or access to the internet then spending one minute on it is a total waste of money and time.

Restaurants are all hiring hostess, bussers and waiters. If anyone knows of someone that needs a job in this area tell them to get up, get in their car and go inside every business you can find. Now is not the time to stay in your box and/or to refuse to look outside the box. Working only on monster.com right now unless you want to leave the area is a waste of time.

My advice to everyone find the tenant a job and help her to understand she may have to step out of her box for awhile. Never ask someone who has never lived for advice, never share your secrets and downfalls with someone who has never lived. If I was the tenant and found out that you posted my letter on this forum you would be waiting six months to a year to move me out. Poor taste.
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top