• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

What to do?

New posts
I feel sorry for the tenant. I would like to possibly offer them a job.

I think you know the tenant probably post on sowal and you are using this avenue for some type of revenge.

So, tenant, if you are aware of this post, I am sorry your landlord is posting your personal note. I would rather have gotten that note, than someone avoiding the obligation.

Please PM me with your work history and if I can't give you a job, then maybe I know someone who can.
 
I understand reality is a difficult thing for many of you to comprehend, life that isn't washed over and softsoaped! It seems to me that before we can fix a problem, we need to know what the problem is! How can you do that if you don't hear all the data necessary? The Editor's article in the Walton Sun was good this week, the last few paragraphs were particularly interesting. Article Window
With the decrease in business in the Planning Department, now is the perfect time to restructure it to provide true customer service.
We urge the county commissioners to heed its own experts? recommendations of August 2008 and get its house in order.
Further, we again urge the Board of County Commission to consider a hiatus in impact fees and make more allowances for deviation from the LDC and Comp Plan until the current economic crisis resolves.
We are not urging wholesale abandonment of all that we have struggled to put together in terms of planning, but these are exceptional times and the commissioners should be able to find some latitude that would not have any significant long range impact on our resources.
If we cannot get business going again soon, there may not be anyone left with whom to do business.
 
I understand reality is a difficult thing for many of you to comprehend, life that isn't washed over and softsoaped! It seems to me that before we can fix a problem, we need to know what the problem is! How can you do that if you don't hear all the data necessary? The Editor's article in the Walton Sun was good this week, the last few paragraphs were particularly interesting. Article Window

Do you suffer from battered woman syndrome? You keep dragging these threads up and then regurgitating buzz words like someone who just barely graduated from a diploma mill.

While our neighboring county (Bay) is hemorrhaging jobs, we seem to be doing much better. Bay County has currently lost thousands of jobs. Major industry is closing up shop and filing bankruptcy. While I'm not saying to turn a blind eye to this, the reality is that the type of industry we need here is a quick set-up solution. Such as call centers, small assembly, or something similar. While something like a car plant would be great it's not going to help right now. A car plant could take years to build and lord knows during that time it would only provide those "menial" jobs that you refer to such as construction.
 
Me thinks this one just doesn't get it. Yes the economy is suffering ALL AROUND and everyone
knows it. We don't need the little busy body airing out her dirty laundry making someone else look bad to make the point.

Me also thinks she keeps dragging up these threads to keep the pot stirred.
Shhhhhh if we act like we don't care and make no comment perhaps she'll move onto another
endless tirade, hopefully not here.
 
You bet, I want to keep the pot stirred! Ignoring this segment of society doesn't make it go away. Look into the faces of those whose policies you support adversely affect! There are a lot of people suffering now; you need to show a bit of compassion!
 
You bet, I want to keep the pot stirred! Ignoring this segment of society doesn't make it go away. Look into the faces of those whose policies you support adversely affect! There are a lot of people suffering now; you need to show a bit of compassion!

Compassion?? Honey what planet are you on? I have plenty of compassion.... for your tenant, I have zero compassion for you. Where was your compassion when you printed the email your tenant sent you in privacy, pleading there case to you, once again I might add, in private?
No one here is disputing the issues of society and policies we are supposedly supporting, what we are disputing, and this is where you should listen carefully because this has already been said here in this very thread to you, is that you took it upon yourself to throw your tenant under the bus by embarrassing them by printing a private letter here in a public forum.
Yes the economy is in the crapper,... yes people are struggling,.... and yes people here know it without you sounding the horn.
Heres a newsflash for you doll, the economy was crap way before you outed your tenant. .

 
Last edited:
You bet, I want to keep the pot stirred! Ignoring this segment of society doesn't make it go away. Look into the faces of those whose policies you support adversely affect! There are a lot of people suffering now; you need to show a bit of compassion!
What will it take to get it through your thick skull that many of your fellow posters are also "this segment of society" and suffering due to the economy?

We don't need a lesson in sympathy, since we can empathize. :roll:

You need to get over your preconceived notions and stereotypes about everyone in Sowal.
 
Last edited:
Compassion?? Honey what planet are you on? I have plenty of compassion.... for your tenant, I have zero compassion for you. Where was your compassion when you printed the email your tenant sent you in privacy, pleading there case to you, once again I might add, in private?
No one here is disputing the issues of society and policies we are supposedly supporting, what we are disputing, and this is where you should listen carefully because this has already been said here in this very thread to you, is that you took it upon yourself to throw your tenant under the bus by embarrassing them by printing a private letter here in a public forum.
Yes the economy is in the crapper,... yes people are struggling,.... and yes people here know it without you sounding the horn.
Heres a newsflash for you doll, the economy was crap way before you outed your tenant. .


First of all, my tenant was not ousted! Secondly, how do you know that my tenant considers this post an "embarrassment"? This is reality, and I welcome opportunities to show it. I'm not sure what culture you come from, but it's not mine. To paint a facade of prosperity is lying in my opinion.
 
This whole thread reinforces my strong belief in the need to be discreet in choosing what you say in EMails. The forward button is too accessible, and copy-and-paste is just a half-step behind it.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top