• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

What to do?

New posts

florida girl

Beach Fanatic
I received this email today and I've deleted the names.

As for what happened, we are going through a very bad financial situation right now - - as are most people in this world due to the economy. XXXX is the only one with a job and paying the bills right now and it is very hard on him and it is very hard on our relationship. We are both stressed out to the max. Please bear with us. Neither of us like this horrible financial situation we are in and neither of us have done anything to cause it either. Please do not evict us. Give us a chance to try to pay - - a little at a time. Give me a chance to obtain another job and help XXXX out with our bills - - - as I did before.

The economy screwed my job at XXXX XXXX in November - - clients were pulling out left and right because they could no longer afford to pay for elderly care. I was hired by two other health care agencies since, but neither has found any clients/any work for me. I have exhausted just about every avenue around this county, Okaloosa regarding health care jobs - - - no one is hiring. I even called my former boss back in Pensacola and they have lost a lot of client as well and they are not hiring anyone right now either. I was going to go back with my old job in Pensacola and was more than ready and willing to endure the long travel time from here at home to Pensacola each day had they been hiring and had a multitude of elderly clients needing an HHA to care for them. I have tried other types of jobs - - they were not hiring either. Don't worry, XXXX, I have not given up on looking for another job. I am go-getter and I have a lot of confidence in myself and in my GOD-given talents that HE has given me over the years. I WILL find something that I am qualified to do and believe me when I say that I WILL continue searching for a job. I also want to begin a home-based business with a legit Rebate Processing company online but they want money to begin and that lets me out right now.

I have won a FutureScholarship fund - - $1800 - - through their scholarship program. I will begin school online at XXXX University. My field of study is Medical Transcription, AS Degree. I already have typing experience, medical terminology, anatomy& physiology, medical transcription, medical insurance background/training so I have a head start on most people that will be taking this course. Wish me luck anyway, please. I will begin on January 28. This course (and degree) will give me a brand new chance on a different type of medical job that I can do either at a hospital, doctor's office, or at home.

Thanks for sending me - - via email - - job possibilities. I need to finish my profile with Monster.com and then I can start looking.

Again, I am also combing through the phonebook to find companies that I would like to check on to find out if they are hiring.

Sincerely,
 
wow, i understand you are protecting said tenant, but if our tenants were to ever send an email of that nature to us, i would never post it on a message board. anonymous or not. or with their consent. i feel those matters are strictly confidential, that is jmo.
 
Last edited:
wow, i understand you are protecting said tenant, but if our tenants were to ever send an email of that nature to us, i would never post it on a message board. anonymous or not. or with their consent. i feel those matters are strictly confidential, that is jmo.

I agree.

what to do? delete this thread.
 
wow, i understand you are protecting said tenant, but if our tenants were to ever send an email of that nature to us, i would never post it on a message board. anonymous or not. or with their consent. i feel those matters are strictly confidential, that is jmo.

Agreed, and Sowal is a small community so this makes it all the more tasteless. FG, you spend quite a bit of time debating what people do or don't do in the County to help create more jobs, but yet you are soliciting a message board for advice on what to do? Looks like a golden opportunity for you to walk the walk instead of talking the talk, if you can afford to.
 
This is a small community. Even by blocking out names, someone knows who this person is. I agree this should stay private. No one wants their business spread around town. JMO
 
I think you should give them a couple of months free rent to help them out of this tough time. Think of it like this. If you wanted to evict them, it could take up to a year to get them out, and they wouldn't be paying rent for a year. Giving them a couple of months free rent, would pay back greatly, as they would be extremely appreciative of your assistance. Also, if they did leave now, it is likely that the house would be vacant for several months anyway.
 
I think you should give them a couple of months free rent to help them out of this tough time. Think of it like this. If you wanted to evict them, it could take up to a year to get them out, and they wouldn't be paying rent for a year. Giving them a couple of months free rent, would pay back greatly, as they would be extremely appreciative of your assistance. Also, if they did leave now, it is likely that the house would be vacant for several months anyway.

Great advice, SJ. :clap:
 
I doubt seriously anyone would know this person, it is, however, a dose of reality I think SoWal needs to read. This person happens to be online, however, most people that have spoken to me concerning this issue, are not. Finally, someone put it in writing. Those who make policy, and who complain about it, need to hear the other side. It doesn't need to be swept under the rug, it needs to be addressed. Yes, I've given them time, but lets eliminate unnecessary codes, and understand this is survival to a lot of folks! Bring in other industry, jobs! Make it so that it isn't cheaper to hire foreign workers! Give our people a reason to increase their education! Hire American first!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top