• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

What to do?

New posts
To summerize, who cares whether there are jobs in the area? It doesn't effect me? Not my business? I don't want to get involved? My 4 and no more? Just so I can live in paradise?
So you think if someone hasn't find a job, it's because they don't want/need to?
There is no responsibilty, accountability for our leaders to make the necessary adjustments to create a healthy economic community?

I assure you that it's not only your community that has an unhealthy economy. It's MUCH, MUCH bigger than that. This is a MACRO-ECONOMIC issue. And I doubt there is anything that local community leaders could do to turn it around.
 
florida girl, policy is made at BCC meetings not on sowal.com. If I were your tenant I would be packing my things right now. This is incredibly tacky.


I agree,however, the more I read this, I wonder what exactly the real motive in posting this. Obviously you would love for them to be packing their goods and getting out.

Maybe that is the reason? Has this tenant done something to make you so angry you are trying to embarrass them in public? Is there a personal issue that you have chosen this avenue as a tool ?

If I were the tenant I would also be saving this thread for future considerations and letting everyone I know not to rent from you for any reason.

When you get your tenant out, then, personally, I certainly don't want to hear you whine that you can't rent your property.

FYI - I have found that acts of kindness in times like this pay you back many times over.
 
Last edited:
The BCC does what we ultimately want them to. The problem is the divided community. How would you know what would go on in church? Why would it be rude? Stir the pot? Exactly! Stir out of complacency! Hopefully, things will get stirred up enough to actually change! One day I may run for BCC, but not in the immediate future. Why should it be okay for the liberals on this site to speak what they want about issues, or anything else, and it not be ok to present the other side of the story?
The purpose of this thread is to read the other side of the story. Why should we be the "graveyard between two cities?"

I'll let that slide and chalk it up to your boundless ignorance.
 
LOL! So during this tight budget year, the County should increase the payroll, by becoming a very large employer? Makes perfect sense to me -- NOT.

Also, unless how the heck do you know that someone working in South Walton isn't American, unless you are the one who did the hiring? I've never been asked to show anything stating that I'm an American, except when entering this and other countries. Just because someone has black skin, doesn't mean that they are African citizens, and just because someone looks like they are of Latin America decent, doesn't mean they are not US citizens.
 
LOL! So during this tight budget year, the County should increase the payroll, by becoming a very large employer? Makes perfect sense to me -- NOT.

Also, unless how the heck do you know that someone working in South Walton isn't American, unless you are the one who did the hiring? I've never been asked to show anything stating that I'm an American, except when entering this and other countries. Just because someone has black skin, doesn't mean that they are African citizens, and just because someone looks like they are of Latin America decent, doesn't mean they are not US citizens.


It has been my observation when the construction boom went away, a lot of the "undocumented workers" went with it anyway,


FloridaGirl, are you EVER going to tell us what this thread is REALLY about? Why are your panties in such a wad anyway?
 
It has been my observation when the construction boom went away, a lot of the "undocumented workers" went with it anyway,


FloridaGirl, are you EVER going to tell us what this thread is REALLY about? Why are your panties in such a wad anyway?

I suspect it's a "Look at me, I'm a Recession victim" shoutout.

Too frustrated by the choices available to her:

(1) as a business person and landlord she essentially knows she should evict these folks;

(2) not financially capable of letting them stay for an undetermined length of time for free.

(3) unsure that in this economic recession she'll be able to quickly refill the place with a suitable renter.

I don't agree with the way she posted the personal e-mail. I'm a former landlord and have had to deal with similar situations (didn't like it a bit--that's why I don't do it anymore). But as a landlord it's all about risk and reward sweetheart--put on your big girl panties and deal with it without dragging innocent people through the mud along with you.
 

put on your big girl panties and deal with it without dragging innocent people through the mud along with you.
Couldn't have said it better, myself! Quote comes to mind, "but for the grace of God, go I"!:blink:
 
Tell them to move away, this place is to damm expensive to live in and there are no jobs. I'm packing up and moving out this week. See ya SOWAL
 
I doubt seriously anyone would know this person, it is, however, a dose of reality I think SoWal needs to read. This person happens to be online, however, most people that have spoken to me concerning this issue, are not. Finally, someone put it in writing. Those who make policy, and who complain about it, need to hear the other side. It doesn't need to be swept under the rug, it needs to be addressed. Yes, I've given them time, but lets eliminate unnecessary codes, and understand this is survival to a lot of folks! Bring in other industry, jobs! Make it so that it isn't cheaper to hire foreign workers! Give our people a reason to increase their education! Hire American first!


I have been thinking about this and I don't get it. Why wouldn't anyone know "this person" I know more than a few people in health care from administration to housekeeping in his area. I worked in the health care field for the first few years I was in Florida. If "this person" is "on line" then they could see this and be very upset.
You could have made a post about hiring American first and I think you would have gotten a more positive reaction. I think that was you point but to be honest I still don't know why you posted a plea for help.
 
This is still a small town - no matter how many vacationers and tourists come to the area. There is no way that people don't know who it is when you post things like that. All it does is make it even harder on someone already having a rough time and apparently working hard to fulfill their financial obligations.

IMO, it's not acceptable to make a private email public, regardless of the size of the community.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top