• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

What's for dinner tonight?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DD
  • Start date Start date
New posts
Also love roasted veggies. I guess they taste sweeter. :idontno:

Definitely. When I'm too lazy to grill, I like to roast 'em. Again, the asparagus is so wonderful roasted. :wub:
 
The only real reason I planted tomatoes this year.:biggrin:

Good thing you did..they're hard to come by these days. :shock:
Love BLT's too. One of life's pleasures for sure. Wasn't there a thread about "What I learned from a BLT" some time back?
 
Grandpa is Ashamed (Ogden Nash)
A child need not be very clever
To learn that "Later, dear" means "Never."



Tonight, I grilled fresh King Mackeral from the Gulf, Zucchini, Eggplant, Sweet Onions, and Mushrooms. Cleaned the plates!
now that sounds devine! BLT minus the L for me.
 
I forget about fixing grits and I'm a Mississippi gal! I want to fix Allifunn's recipe.
Hey Johnrudy is your heat still on up there?? OUr heat index tomorrow is in the triple digits:yikes:
 
I love grits & eat them regularly, but I've never understood the appeal of hominy. My parents made us :roll: eat it and it always tasted like chunks of candle wax. It was god-awful.
.
Come by the house for Posole :wave: It'll get you back on track with hominy.
 
We haven't been cooking much lately. Other priorities.
We did Ruby Tuesday's salad bar tonight.
Last night daughter made turkey sandwiches with wheat bread, mustard, low-fat cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, and boiled egg slices ... her German BF loves that.
Night before was low-fat burgers, boiled corn, and a salad.
Tuesday was grilled chicken marinated in chipotle Tabasco and lime juice with black beans and brown rice.
Monday was Doc Chey's. Peace, love, and noodles.

BTW hominy was a staple at our house. Many evenings in the cooler months Mom would fry Smithfield ham with red-eye gravy, hominy, and applesauce. I love the way hominy feels in my mouth. Haven't had it since Daddy died when I was a college freshman.
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top