• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Where do the Hispanics eat?

New posts
Check out Pepito's at lunch in Destin. The food is fabulous and from what I see, many of the Hispanic workers from the area eat there.
 
seagrover said:
Check out Pepito's at lunch in Destin. The food is fabulous and from what I see, many of the Hispanic workers from the area eat there.
Oh Pepitos is sooo good! :clap_1:
 
Franny said:
Where is this place?? BTW the Spanish guys that worked at our house all brown bagged..and the food looked great!
Oh it's all the way over in Destin. Like way over past Louisiana Lagniappe. But I lived out there and we always went for lunch.
 
ladydebubba60 said:
Mermaid, a group of Mexicans did our roof several years ago. But believe it or not, they didn't brown bag it.

What you experienced years ago were probably Mexicans who immigrated to the US and set up a business and household. Many of the Mexicans who are around here now have come straight out of Mexico and are saving every peso to send back home to the family they left in Mexico. They can stretch what it costs to buy a Happy Meal to feed a crew of 5 (ala "loaves and fishes").
 
This question is analogous to asking, "Where do the Honkies eat?" I find it offensive. My primary physicians in Atlanta are Hispanic, the construction workers who save our butts by helping us put up plywood every time there is a threatening storm are Hispanic, and I could go on and on about the expertise and work ethic of "The Hispanics."
 
go to the tom thumb at lunch time and you will see what they do. they bring their lunches but heat them up in the microwaves at the tom thumb. there will be a line of people waiting to use the things. truely amazing scene. :shock:
 
Beach Runner said:
This question is analogous to asking, "Where do the Honkies eat?" I find it offensive. My primary physicians in Atlanta are Hispanic, the construction workers who save our butts by helping us put up plywood every time there is a threatening storm are Hispanic, and I could go on and on about the expertise and work ethic of "The Hispanics."
I know what you mean - - don't Hispanics eat where everyone else eats? But I have to admit, here in Chicago if you want killer Mexican food, go where the Hispanics go! We do it all the time.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Johnrudy said:
I know what you mean - - don't Hipasnics eat where everyone else eats? But I have to admit, here in Chicago if you want killer Mexican food, go where the Hipanics go! We do it all the time.
I believe this is exactly all anyone on this thread is inferring! For real authentic ethnic food...go where the experts go, be it Thai, Greek, Mexican, Spanish, Cuban...etc!!!!!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top