• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Life suggestions?

New posts
I have a professional job! NOTHING DIRTY! I'm a graphic designer. Art and creative director at a weekly sports paper here in Atlanta. Hopefully joining creatives in SoWal soon. I have 2 interviews next week!
 
Bluefox, as you can see, what we lack in eligible bachelors, we more than make up for in characters and funn!

No basements here due to the water level!
 
I think I might relocate to the area and I was wondering- where are some good places for a young single professional woman to meet some quality, employed men around here? :scratch: Just wondering ;) Thanks!
:rolling: :clap: :funn:

well, this is a very good question really. most of my single friends have learned that sowal isn't a great place to date or find that significant other. but they still stick around. It's a quality of life thing. Single life seems to suit many here. :wave:
 
Last edited:
Ha- well, I am not really too concerned. I am needing the boost in quality of life more than I need a man. After being a major city girl for most of my years, I think it's time for a slower pace of life. I work at a very hectic job- and even driving only 2 exits on 285 makes me want to shoot people. I miss being a nicer person. I have also lost all creative ambition. I guess I am just looking for a better quality of life and I think you guys have it! I want it!
:chill:
 
Ha- well, I am not really too concerned. I am needing the boost in quality of life more than I need a man. After being a major city girl for most of my years, I think it's time for a slower pace of life. I work at a very hectic job- and even driving only 2 exits on 285 makes me want to shoot people. I miss being a nicer person. I have also lost all creative ambition. I guess I am just looking for a better quality of life and I think you guys have it! I want it!
:chill:
Definitely a better quality of life and a slower pace. You'll miss a lot of the big city amenities but can always go back to ATL for a museum, club, shopping, or ineligible bachelor fix!
 
Definitely a better quality of life and a slower pace. You'll miss a lot of the big city amenities but can always go back to ATL for a museum, club, shopping, or ineligible bachelor fix!


Yeah-
?I have been to the museums here more times than I can count (was a member at High for years)
?I hate clubbing (give me a Irish Pub or something similar and I am good- I am going to try Red Bar this time- it looks like my type of place) Got whisky? ha! :drink:
?I live at Target (although I will miss having multiple/Super Targets... :roll: I know, I know!)
?Had more than my fare share of ineligible bachelors-- I figure it's time to pass the torch on that one... :bang:

So, I think I should be OK. :biggrin:
 
Last edited:
Reality is that most of the good men are taken. From the looks of it, a lot of the professional people that move down here have married somewhere else, or divorced with some kind of issue. I think you'll be in for a culture shock considering the quality young available men that are available, are not necessarily professionals. I've known countless individuals that move here not realizing just what they are getting into, yet somehow adjusting to the degree that when they go back to where ever they came from, they are not satisfied. This "was" a small town, with few amenities. Pace is slow, locals operate on the honor system.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top