• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Life suggestions?

New posts
One bit of advice: You better make good pay or have a roommate or two. Otherwise, you won't be able to afford to live comfortably in South Walton or Destin.
Or, you can expect a 30-minute or longer commute for work. That's what I got stuck with.
Nobody warned me when I took a job here about housing costs! Woooo.
Still would have come anyway. It's worth it. ;-)
Oh, and, there's lots of cute Air Force guys around. hehehe.

Yea, they are cute, until they retire. A few years ago, the divorce rate with the military was about 75%. Not a good track record.
 
If you come here, thinking to find "love", you'll be disappointed, as you will anywhere. Hope there is some other stronger motivation.
For crying out loud, she's already said her main motivation is a better quality of life - less hectic job, less traffic, slower pace, hoping to get a resurgence of her artistic creativity at the beach - and that while she likes men, she is not actively seeking anyone!

We get that "having a man does not equal happiness or a fulfilling life" already.
 
For crying out loud, she's already said her main motivation is a better quality of life - less hectic job, less traffic, slower pace, hoping to get a resurgence of her artistic creativity at the beach - and that while she likes men, she is not actively seeking anyone!

We get that "having a man does not equal happiness or a fulfilling life" already.

THANK YOU! I feel as though I am being persecuted for trying to have a decent time!
 
I have also been looking at places to rent- they really aren't that bad. Same as the city- but with much nicer views. I understand it would be hard to live in the area if you had a hourly job- but alas- I do not. I am trying to convince another friend into moving with me though... I could always use the extra $ in my pocket.

If you can (might be an issue w/ bed tax) I would suggest that you start by renting a place month to month or for several months at a time, then committ to a longer lease after you have been in the area for a while. That will give you the freedom to change your location based on the areas you like/traffic/work location.
 
For crying out loud, she's already said her main motivation is a better quality of life - less hectic job, less traffic, slower pace, hoping to get a resurgence of her artistic creativity at the beach - and that while she likes men, she is not actively seeking anyone!

We get that "having a man does not equal happiness or a fulfilling life" already.

Okay fine! I just don't get into the sitting around oogling thing! I have too much fun not to!
 
If you can (might be an issue w/ bed tax) I would suggest that you start by renting a place month to month or for several months at a time, then committ to a longer lease after you have been in the area for a while. That will give you the freedom to change your location based on the areas you like/traffic/work location.

I know the area very well. I been there at least once a year for the last 25 years. I have seen it grow.

ALSO- My dad lives there in Burnt Pine in Sandestin and has 2 condos he rents out at Majestic Sun. If all hell breaks loose I can always crash in one of their extra spaces... which won't happen- because I plan for everything! :biggrin:
 
Okay fine! I just don't get into the sitting around oogling thing! I have too much fun not to!

Who wants to oogle men? I have way better things to do- it was a point of finding decent converation- NOT to oogle.

Florida Girl you seem bitter about something (men?)- come out with us next week- we'll buy you a drink and you can loosen up! :welcome:
 
Who wants to oogle men? I have way better things to do- it was a point of finding decent converation- NOT to oogle.

Florida Girl you seem bitter about something (men?)- come out with us next week- we'll buy you a drink and you can loosen up! :welcome:

I'm not bitter, just a realist. No, I don't drink. I really don't get into watching people suffer needlessly, knowing that you could do something, or say something that might prevent it. Been there, done that, got a certificate.
 
I'm not bitter, just a realist. No, I don't drink. I really don't get into watching people suffer needlessly, knowing that you could do something, or say something that might prevent it. Been there, done that, got a certificate.

You never awnsered my question. Age of bitterness -I mean- reality sets in exactly when?
:floor:
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top