• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Monday's theme...

New posts
30G I was just about to put out an APB on you! Is ABFAB similliar to the Sybyl Sheppard show years ago?

The Sybyl Sheppard show you are refering to, was supposedly inspired by AbFab. It was a poor imitation of the original, however. Toned down, cleaned up and detoxed for the American market.

The British version is WAY funnier, more edgy. Think of the US version as the wine cooler to AbFab's dirty martini.

The same thing is true for 'The Office' currently on TV. The British original is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay funnier. Whenever I watch these American versions of Brit Sit Coms I think I am listening to elevator musac versions of some of my favorite songs.
 
The Sybyl Sheppard show you are refering to, was supposedly inspired by AbFab. It was a poor imitation of the original, however. Toned down, cleaned up and detoxed for the American market.

The British version is WAY funnier, more edgy. Think of the US version as the wine cooler to AbFab's dirty martini.

The same thing is true for 'The Office' currently on TV. The British original is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay funnier. Whenever I watch these American versions of Brit Sit Coms I think I am listening to elevator musac versions of some of my favorite songs.
I loved the character "Patsy" in the American version...I can only imagine how funny the British version was! I really wanted the American version as my tar, but I could not rememer the name of the sitcom nor the actress' name? How funny that you have the real deal as your tar!!!! I am sooo jealous...:biggrin:
 
I loved that show. There was another american sitcom based on that show that starred Jean Smart and Mary MacDonald...can't remember the name of it (High Society..maybe) but it was so funny...didn't stay on very long....I must have been the only person who watched.....
 
Haven't taken time to read this thread, but am loving some of the new tars!
:clap_1:
Actually Edith Bunker would be more of a fav, Just didn't take time to look for a pic of her.

.
 
Last edited:
Haven't taken time to read this thread, but am loving some of the new tars!
:clap_1:
Actually Edith Bunker would be more of a fav, Just didn't take time to look for a pic of her.

.


Stifle yourself, Edith.:lol:
 
:lolabove:

"Listen Edith, I know you're singing, you know you're singing, but the neighbors may think I'm torturing you." - Archie

Those were the days!

.
Those were the DAYYYYYYYYYYS :biggrin:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top