• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Pier Park update

New posts
That Alexan on the west end is huge. I live at Inlet Beach and pass by often. Do they really plan on filling that monstosity up? I also rode thru pier Park today. The Boardwalk section seems to be ready to open on time. They have a lot of landscaping to do to make some areas appealing. The open area across from the theaters is a eyesore. Ive heard a hotel going in there but they need to do something in the mean time. One other thing, i sure dont see alot of parking there. All the parking is full right now just with workers. I have a condo at calypso with a private parking spot so dont anybody worry about me.:D
 
The open space / construction dump across from The Grand is suppossed to be cleaned up, leveled, and sodded with grass before the Feb. 14th grand opening. Whether or not that happens, only time will tell. Yes, that space will eventually be the home of a hotel (last I heard, a Hilton), or so the unconfirmed reports from Simon have said. I don't know if the deal with Hilton is solid yet, though.
 
I don't know all of those details, but I do know that they placed fresh cow manure on top of the beds behind some of the stores, this week. I've never been to a place where I was glad to walk into the port-a-john and escape the awful smell. That sh-t stinks.
 
Some photos taken on Jan 9 2008...
.
.
.
P1090257sm.jpg


P1090256sm.jpg


P1090255sm.jpg


P1090254sm.jpg
 
I was over there this weekend to go to Target, I found the development very appealing and I am sure it will be a huge success.

And Yes some of us buy $20 candles quite often.:clap:
 
I was over there this weekend to go to Target, I found the development very appealing and I am sure it will be a huge success.

And Yes some of us buy $20 candles quite often.:clap:

Man, I started a tidalwave when I wrote about the $20 candles. I think pier park is going to be great.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top