• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

More Spring Breakers than ever in SoWal

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm different than the most of you, but I actually like meandering down the aisles at Publix. I like grocery shopping, and Publix is head and tails over the grocery stores we have in Indianapolis. One of the hardest things for me to get used to when we moved to the Midwest was giving up my local Publix. :( I think it's a treat to walk down memory lane (for me at least) at Publix.

SJ--I don't clog up the aisles when I dawdle. ;-)
 
kurt said:
I found this site, which supposedly sells maps of any Publix locale with items.

The Publix site should offer this feature for every store. Then again - why not online ordering and/or delivery?

They tested online purchase/home delivery in Miami and a couple other high population density areas a few years back, but discontinued the test because it wasn't profitable for the company.
 
Mermaid said:
I guess I'm different than the most of you, but I actually like meandering down the aisles at Publix. I like grocery shopping, and Publix is head and tails over the grocery stores we have in Indianapolis. One of the hardest things for me to get used to when we moved to the Midwest was giving up my local Publix. :( I think it's a treat to walk down memory lane (for me at least) at Publix.

SJ--I don't clog up the aisles when I dawdle. ;-)
I like grocery shopping too. That is why I choose to go 2-3 times per week. I do like to read ingedient labels also when I shop, but I don't stand there blocking the entire isle like so many of the vacation shoppers, some whom have multiple buggies and hundreds of dollars of groceries. I use to think that my $150+ on groceries per week was expensive until I got behind a couple of shoppers at the WaterColor Publix last year. Three overfilled carts an $600+ total. I almost laughed and choked at the sound when the clerk told them. :shock: I am sure it was followed with, you saved $37 dollars today. (discounted specials)
 
Smiling JOe said:
I like grocery shopping too. That is why I choose to go 2-3 times per week. I do like to read ingedient labels also when I shop, but I don't stand there blocking the entire isle like so many of the vacation shoppers, some whom have multiple buggies and hundreds of dollars of groceries.

I don't think this problem pertains only with vacation shoppers as I deal with it every time I grocery shop. I doubt that many people choose to vacation here in Pittsburgh. It always amazes & frustrates me how one person can clog up the entire aisle. The best time to go is Friday night right after work - hardly anyone there!
 
Mermaid said:
I guess I'm different than the most of you, but I actually like meandering down the aisles at Publix. I like grocery shopping, and Publix is head and tails over the grocery stores we have in Indianapolis. One of the hardest things for me to get used to when we moved to the Midwest was giving up my local Publix. :( I think it's a treat to walk down memory lane (for me at least) at Publix.

SJ--I don't clog up the aisles when I dawdle. ;-)

I think you've nailed it Mermaid. Publix just rocks. I forget that everybody doesn't have one. You don't know how great it is until you move away. So maybe people are so excited about Publix that it becomes a family attraction. :idontno: Or they just stand there gaping and forget to move over when people come by?

Even so, you're there a whole week, geez, you can take turns going to the store!! :roll:
 
TooFarTampa said:
I think you've nailed it Mermaid. Publix just rocks. I forget that everybody doesn't have one. You don't know how great it is until you move away. So maybe people are so excited about Publix that it becomes a family attraction. :idontno: Or they just stand there gaping and forget to move over when people come by?

Even so, you're there a whole week, geez, you can take turns going to the store!! :roll:

Funny thing happened the last time we were in the Publix. We were in the frozen food case pulling out some of Publix brand sherbet. I guess we looked fairly friendly, because this guy came up to us and told us that his wife sent him out with a shopping list, and did we know where the mango sherbet was? That was what was in my hand so I had no trouble telling him. He was so grateful that he wasn't going to catch hell from his wife, obviously, that he gave us his best shopping tip, which was that the key lime pie was delicious. He insisted we follow him to the deli section so we'd be sure to buy some! We did and darn but wasn't he right.

The SoWal Publix in some respects is a lot like the neighborhood groceries here, more so since we're getting to meet so many other SoWallers! I've bumped into people I know there. :clap_1:
 
Mermaid said:
Funny thing happened the last time we were in the Publix. We were in the frozen food case pulling out some of Publix brand sherbet. I guess we looked fairly friendly, because this guy came up to us and told us that his wife sent him out with a shopping list, and did we know where the mango sherbet was? That was what was in my hand so I had no trouble telling him. He was so grateful that he wasn't going to catch hell from his wife, obviously, that he gave us his best shopping tip, which was that the key lime pie was delicious. He insisted we follow him to the deli section so we'd be sure to buy some! We did and darn but wasn't he right.

The SoWal Publix in some respects is a lot like the neighborhood groceries here, more so since we're getting to meet so many other SoWallers! I've bumped into people I know there. :clap_1:

:rolling: Mermaid, Mermaid . . . so wise and yet so innocent. Someone was trying very hard to pick you up. :rolling:
 
I like the fact that they have the sanitizing wipes at the entrance to Publix for wiping down the shopping cart handles. I've heard that there are more germs on a shopping cart handle than a toilet seat. Today I asked the manager of our local Publix to provide these wipes, and he agreed.
 
kurt said:
:rolling: Mermaid, Mermaid . . . so wise and yet so innocent. Someone was trying very hard to pick you up. :rolling:

I guess boys do grow up to be :twisted: after all. That means you or the Publix pickup guy, or both. I'm like Mermaid. It would never have occurred to me. :lol:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top